[xsl] "Text" Representaion of Xml in a variable

Subject: [xsl] "Text" Representaion of Xml in a variable
From: "Alan Flaherty" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:52:50 +0100
Hi List I have a chunk of xml:

		<MultiRelateUpdateItems>
			<xsl:attribute name="name">
				<xsl:value-of select="concat( $PageName,
'.', $ListName )"/>
			</xsl:attribute>
			<Item name="BaseDataGrid">
				<xsl:copy-of
select="msxsl:node-set($BaseDataGrid)/dataGrid/Source"/>
			</Item>
			<Item name="RelatedDataGrid">
				<xsl:copy-of
select="msxsl:node-set($RelatedDataGrid)/dataGrid/Source"/>
			</Item>
			<Item name="IndexDataGrid">
				<xsl:copy-of
select="msxsl:node-set($IndexDataGrid)/dataGrid/Source"/>
			</Item>
		</MultiRelateUpdateItems>

that needs to be encoded into a variable

I need a template to walk through the structutre of the xml element by
element and copy each element localname Output &amplt; before and
&ampgt; after each element, then copy across the attributes

I know there has to be a predefined template like this out there
somewhere, I've seen one before, can anyone help ????