[xsl] Sorting unsorted elements based on their attributes

Subject: [xsl] Sorting unsorted elements based on their attributes
From: "thei" <thei@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 02:31:06 +1000
Hello,

I have an xml file as thus:

<comments>
<comment page="20030101">blah</comment>
<comment page="20030207">blah</comment>
<comment page="20011127">blah</comment>
...etc
</comments>

Each <comment> element has a page attribute, which contains a date in
format CCYYMMDD as shown above.

I'm trying to use a XSL stylesheet to display these, or sort them if you
prefer that wording, into a year/month/day type format. In other words,
if there's say 12 comments for 2003-06-05, then I want to display all 12
in a list under the heading 2003-06-05, then there may be another 4
comments for 2003-06-04, which I want to display under their heading,
etc. I can do the displaying and all easily enough, but I'm having
trouble sorting the results into days and months.

I hope that made some sense, and I hope someone can show me an easy way
to do this.

Thanks,

Printed on 100% recycled electrons.
http://nedmartin.org/