RE: [xsl] in memory tree representation SAXON

Subject: RE: [xsl] in memory tree representation SAXON
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 17:41:27 +0100
If you supply the input to the Saxon transformation as a StreamSource or
SAXSource, then the result tree will be built from scratch each time.
You can arrange to reuse the same tree by building the tree yourself:

XPathEvaluator xp = new XPathEvaluator();
DocumentInfo doc = xp.setSource(new StreamSource(...))

transformer.transform(doc, ...)

(this is Saxon 7.x, it's a bit more cumbersome in 6.x., but you can
still achieve it)

If you do two transformations on the same document tree using the same
compiled stylesheet, then Saxon will reuse the indexes defined using
xsl:key.

Michael Kay