RE: [xsl] Implementing and Hide/Unhide function in XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] Implementing and Hide/Unhide function in XSL
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:20:29 +0300
Hi,

> I'm trying to implement a hide/unhide function in XSL for a
> website.  I have an asp page that generates an XSL document on the
> fly to access an XML file for only a certain state.
>
> I would like for the site to have a funciton that unhides all the
> children of a specific node when I click on a certain table cell.  I
> think maybe I can use Xpath to do this with XSLT but I really don't
> have any good ideas.

Based on your description, I assume when ever a user clicks on the table cell you'll reload the XML document with changed XSLT stylesheet. If each node has a unique id (stable one), then pass a list of nodes to be shown to the XSLT stylesheet and use that list to generata the code that chooses whether a node is hidden or not.

> After looking at the default XSL sheet using in IE I am even more
> confused.  If anyone out there can help that would be great.

The XSLT and XSL stylesheets is IE use ECMAScript and DOM to show and hide node, not XSLT.

Cheers,

Jarno -  Hungry Lucy: Fearful (Aiboforcen)