[xsl] node() implementation

Subject: [xsl] node() implementation
From: Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:29:36 +0300
I was given this question:
"I have a difficulty to find  an example of  stylesheet which strips all xml
tags leaving only text and attributes ( I need it for indexing ) .
It should work with IE.  Some examples I picked up from Internet just upset IE."

So what I suggested was:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

 <xsl:output method="text"/>

<xsl:template match="node()">
node:<xsl:apply-templates/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="@*">
attr:<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

For some reason with MSXML it did not work (produced not values of
node values or attributes. It did work with Xalan C++.

The following stylesheet is according to a third party working
correctly.

<xsl:output method="text"/>

<xsl:template match="*">
        node:<xsl:apply-templates select="node()"/>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="@*">
        attr:<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

So my question is which processor (well IE aint a processor)
is doing the job correct

Cheers,
</Jarkko>