[xsl] Re: contains any child nodes attribute value

Subject: [xsl] Re: contains any child nodes attribute value
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:30:57 +0200
In case you just want to know that at least one node satisfies the
condition, you can use:

  1. the "someTrueP" template from FXSL

  2. Something like this:

   <xsl:variable name="vsomeTrue">
    <xsl:for-each select="$node-set-to-test">
       <xsl:if test="condition">1</xsl:if>
    </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:variable>

The above is just pseudocode, because "condition" must be replaced by some
XPath expression.

Then the value of $vsomeTrue will evaluate to true if at least one of the
tests succeeded (non-empty string), and false otherwise (empty string).

  3. I guess in XPath 2/XSLT 2  there is a more elegant way to do this.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.