[xsl] Re: more elegant way to process element with default value?

Subject: [xsl] Re: more elegant way to process element with default value?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:05:00 +0200
(1)
  <xsl:variable name="someName" select="concat(substring('true', 1, 4 - 4 *
(not($tmp))), $tmp)"/>

Or (I prefer this):

(2)
string($default[not($tmp)] | $tmp)

$default is a node-set defined in the stylesheet such that its string value
is "true"  , e.g.:

<myDefault:myDefault>true</myDefault:myDefault>

<xsl:variable name="default" select="document('')/*/myDefault:*[1]"/>

(3)
An elegant way is what David Carlisle demonstrated with creating multiple
attributes with the same name.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.