RE: [xsl] XSL, Escaping, undocumented?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL, Escaping, undocumented?
From: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 14:23:35 +0200

Well.

I just ran a test using MSXSL.exe, using the "-u 4.0" command line flag and
obtained a trace. Sure enough, MSXSL *does* send a GET request, and properly
submits the ampersand as one character.

> Tests have shown that ASP (IIS) converts things like >>&amp;<< to >>&<<
> automaticly.

When? Where? Why?

> The problem therefore lies in the document() function. I _could_ write #
> instead of &, and make the ASP script switch the characters.
>  - surely, I'd rather have it work the right way. Any ideas?

It seems to me that something else is wrong on your system.

Does the URL work once you switch to a different XSLT processor, such as
Instant Saxon? Can you post a complete example that shows the behaviour?