RE: [xsl] xsl:number problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:number problem
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:28:52 -0400
Charlene,

At 04:19 PM 6/18/2003, you wrote:

2. I want to do a number like <xsl:number level="any" count="productId"/>. However, I only want to get the xsl:number for productId that has publisher of "NETg" or "Wave".

For this, you need to change the XPath pattern that is used in the @count attribute of xsl:number. An XPath resource could help you teach yourself to formulate that productId[publisher='NETg' or publisher='Wave'] would be a start (but that there are also other, more sophisticated ways).

3. Same question is for count(//productId). How can I do a count of productId that has publisher of "NETg" or "Wave"?

Same: count(//productId[publisher='NETg']) and so forth.

Learn XPath, you can't write XSLT without it.

Cheers,
Wendell

    "Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting
     the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it
     extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau