RE: [xsl] Random Namespaces Declared with XSLT Stylesheet... why?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Random Namespaces Declared with XSLT Stylesheet... why?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:53:28 +0100
> I've been hacking a quick-and-dirty transform for turning a
> custom language [1] into HTML (for presentation), but I've
> got some odd behavior.  The stylesheet seems to randomly put
> namespace declarations where they're not needed.  Why is it
> doing this?

The general rules are:

literal result elements copy all in-scope namespaces declared in the
stylesheet, other than those you exclude using exclude-result-prefixes

copying an element from the source document copies all the in-scope
namespaces from that element in the source document

creating elements using xsl:element creates only those namespace
declarations that are actually needed for the element and attribute
names

Michael Kay