Re: [xsl] doctype declaration and msxmldom

Subject: Re: [xsl] doctype declaration and msxmldom
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:43:45 +0100
> Okay.  Then shouldn't Dan's DOCTYPE declaration work?  You can declare
> ISO entities in a DTD.  Or is it just an MSXML problem?

XML parsers are either validating or not validating, MS parsers have a
switch usually something like (depending on host language)
abc.validateOnParse = false;
sometimes I think they are set up to default to validating if there is a
doctype and not validating otherwise, in which case you just need to
make sure you explictly set this flag to false.

> For those of you who suggested the 'encoding="iso-8859-1"' the problem is
> that I have "Montr&eacute;l" in my XML NOT "Montréal" otherwise that
> suggestion would have worked fine.

whether or not you have entities in your source document is irrelevant
to XSL. If you want to write your stylesheet in latin 1 and use a latin
1 e-acute explictly that will match the character specified by the
entity in the source, both are just different syntax for the same
unicode character.

David