[xsl] Documentation output

Subject: [xsl] Documentation output
From: Eric K Taylor <eric_k_taylor@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:46:37 GMT
Hi. I have some XML data that, grossly simplified, looks like this:

<documentation>
  <topic>
     <title>First Topic</title>
     <content>content here</content>
  </topic>
  <topic>
     <title>Second Topic</title>
     <content>content here</content>
  </topic>
  <topic>...
</documentation>

I'm wanting to display this content in IE6.0 in relatively standard help format--with the left frame containing the contents (i.e. a list of all of the titles as hyperlinks, a TopRight frame with the Title of the currently selected topic, and a BottomRight frame with the content of the currently selected topic.
   I'm wondering if there is a good way to do this on the fly, or if I should transform this one file into multiple XML or html files (e.g. contents.htm, First Topic.htm, First Topic header.htm, etc.)...at which point getting the right material into the right windows is a standard html issue.
   Thanks in advance
Eric  : )
p.s. It's been a year and a half since I last had a project that let me use XSLT with any depth, and even then, I was somewhat stumbling, so answers at the XSLT for Imbeciles level would be great.