Re: [xsl] XSLT Recursive Templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Recursive Templates
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:36:01 +0100
> How can i format it using XSLT so as it appears exactly as it is?

As I said in my mail, this is an HTML question not an XSLT one.
If you want to consider that as *pre*formatted text and so displayed
with no automatic line breaking, then HTML has an element for that;
<pre> or you could use another element but give it pre-style formating
using css as you did.

If on the other hand that is an "ascii art" input format and you need to
convert it to two paragraphs that do take part inline breaking to the
current window size as is normal in HTML, then you need to do a recursive
template that grabs each chunk into a paragraph.

These are two completely different requirements, requiring different
coding techniques.

David