RE: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML
From: "Martinez, Brian" <brian.martinez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:40:25 -0600

2.0, most likely.  This implemented a version of XSL known as "WD-xsl,"
because it was based on an early Working Draft of the 1.0 specification (as
your namespace declaration below indicates); many of the current XSLT
elements are unavailable in this version.  It bears little resemblance to
the final specification of the language.  MSXML 3 is the first version to
fully implement XSLT 1.0.

> BTW, the namespace declaration in my stylesheet is:
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";
>
> Does anyone have any idea what to do?

You can't use XSLT 1.0-conformant stylesheets with versions of MSXML prior
to 3.0.  Consider upgrading if at all possible.  Or perform the
transformation server-side and don't rely on the client having the proper
XSLT components.

hth,
b.

| brian martinez                           brian.martinez@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.357.3548 |
| cheap tickets, part of trip network                fax 303.357.3380 |
| 6560 greenwood plaza blvd., suite 400           englewood, co 80111 |
| cendant travel distribution services   http://www.cheaptickets.com/ |