RE: [xsl] quick xpath question - using variable as attribute valu e?

Subject: RE: [xsl] quick xpath question - using variable as attribute valu e?
From: Rod Humphris - FLPTN <rod.humphris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:28:32 +0100
>XSLT _is_ a programming language

Yes for sure and a very good one for lots of things but it's only ever as a
component of something else; it always has a host. I have a feeling that all
those here who are good at xslt are also thoroughly conversant with their
chosen host environment and therefore know 'whats going on' and can
distinguish xslt issues from others. If however you are tring to learn both
you have a problem.

Now for example if you are learning .net then why learn all those server
control things when you could use xslt instead? The .net forums tend not to
be that great for this because that's not what they're about and the xslt
comunity arn't interested in the .net side cos it's not xslt. So...

Understanding the relationship between xslt and its context(s) and the
questions of what it's good at doing and what it's not may not be what this
forum is about, and I'm not saying they should be, but these, perhaps higher
level, issues can't half make it difficult for new comers to get started.

My tuppence worth.

Rod