[xsl] Re: Getting a NodeList from a NodeList

Subject: [xsl] Re: Getting a NodeList from a NodeList
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:07:28 +0200
Generally, this cannot be done within the documented object model of the
MSXML2 namespace (MSXML4.dll).

You can *easily* do this in XSLT.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

"Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Crossley@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am using XSL and MSXML 4 to do some reports. I have a main body of XSL
which selects from an XML tree all employees who belong to a particular
department which is a list being looped over already. The current department
value is stored in $deptName

> <xsl:for-each
select="mycomp:getFilteredEmployeeRecords(//employee[./@department =
$deptName])">

> Here, I am passing the result of "all employees in the current department"
to a MSXSL:SCRIPT function where I want to filter the node list even more
and return it.

> Let's say I want a node list of all employees called John from the node
list that I pass into the function to come out.

> My problem is that nodeList is a DOMNodeList and does not have what I need
to select another nodeList from it...i.e Node's selectNodes. All it has is
the ability to get a node.