RE: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:52:07 +0100

  I don't get the Procedural one. In your msg you've said "write XML at
  home and convert it into HTML". I think from this excerpt that you mean
  that instructions can be kept and run inside an XML file. I still don't
  get how. I only associate the process to de XSL language, providing an
  HTML output.

Wendell meant that rather than fight with complexities of cross-browser
client side javascript interfaces to XSLT, a simpler and far more
popular route is to maintain your XML document and your XSLT file "in
house" and then use a command line xslt program (you can use msxsl.exe
if you want to stay with MS) to convert your XML files to HTML.
You then put these HTML pages on your web server. That way they can be
read by any browser without having to worry about XSLT support.

David