RE: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML
From: "Claudio Russo" <crusso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:51:17 -0300
Jim,

Sorry, I don't think I've confused. I understand Saxon is an XSLT processor implementation, as well as MSXML. But going this path seems (as I said, from the msgs I read in this forum) that incorportes also other features that are not available in other processors though going to get errors when processing under different environments (for instance, the clients that do not have MSXML installed on their machine will not be able to see the trasnformation, and I guess the same occurs with Saxon).

Probably all the confusion stands in that I still don't get the architecture of the whole paradigm.

XML ---> XSLT ---> HTML/PDF/WAP/etc.

(1) could be in server side, client side or both?
(2) could be in server side, client side or both?
Where does (2) takes place? in server side, client side or both?
If (2) takes place in server side, do I need to have Saxon/MSXML/"other processor" in the server?
If (2) takes place in client side, does the client machine need to have Saxon/MSXML/"other processor" installed on it?

Regards, Claudio.