Re: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:sort in old MSXML
From: "Olivier Collioud" <olivier.collioud@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 18:01:20 +0200
Maybe Claudio need to transform XML data island embedded in HTML files.

Just a guess.

>>> davidc@xxxxxxxxx 07/02/03 05:51PM >>>

 So, what should I need this Saxon if it all depends on IE6 or Mozilla
 to run the XSLT that I typed using a standard txt editor? Wouldn't be
 processed by its standard processor (eg: IE6 --> MSXML3; Mozilla --> I
 don't know; Nestcape 7 --> I also don't know).

I had difficulty understanding the question, but the advantages of
getting a command line system like saxon rather than doing your
transformation sin a browser are that you can more easily _see_ the
result, ie you get the html as a file that you can look at rather than
just seeing how that html is displayed, and they usually have debugging
and tracing options so it is much easier to debug your code.
For example <xsl:message in IE6 doesn't do anything as there is nowhere
for teh messages to go (unless you make it terminate the execution and
generate an error message.)

David