[xsl] Re: XSLT Architecture: Next Step

Subject: [xsl] Re: XSLT Architecture: Next Step
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 22:24:36 +0200
> Now, from the msgs I see on the list I see that people pretend to use XSLT
for whatever they figure out (maybe also for cooking).
Why not? Functional languages have been used for everything one can
imagine -- from generating grahical objects to animation to controlling
robots playing sport games ...

The FXSL library has around 80-100 templates and none of these are used for
presentation. Among the uses of FXSL are: higher-order functions,  generic
operations on lists and trees, generic partial application (currying),
string processing, dealing safely with actions having side effects,
calculating various mathematical functions (e.g. exponential, trigonometric,
inverse), solving general equations with one real variable, numerical
differentiation, numerical integration, generation of sequences of random
numbers, spelling checking, ...

With FXSL one can dynamically create a new function -- this probably is not
simpler than cooking.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.