AW: [xsl] Strange Problem with document($variablename)

Subject: AW: [xsl] Strange Problem with document($variablename)
From: "Torsten Schlabach" <tschlabach@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:02:54 +0200
Hi folks,

>> white space nodes in the xslt stylesheet are stripped by default so
>> unless the user has turned that off, eg with  xml:space
>> then there shouldnt be space between the / and the name

I was thinking along the same lines, so I tried:

<xsl:variable name="filename"><xsl:value-of select="'../content/news/'"
/><xsl:value-of select="@name" /></xsl:variable>

No change. Also I switched to the much more elegant

<xsl:variable name="filename" select="concat('../content/news/',@name)">

Same problem.

I am sure the truncation is happening somewhere on a deeper level. I
will have to check where Cocoon kicks in and how Cocoon can augment a
filename / URL inside Xalan.

What I mean is: Cocoon hands the stylesheet processing over to Xalan and
waits for a result. AFAIK Xalan should not know anything about Cocoon at
all. But on the other hand there needs to be a hook. Otherwise it would
be possible to use document("cocoon://somehinginthesitemap") in an XSL
stylesheet.

I will post to the list as soon as I found out. Unless someone can
straightly point it out. But it might be out-of-scope on a XSL mailing
list anyway.

Torsten