[xsl] Re: RE: How to get output XML same as input XML?

Subject: [xsl] Re: RE: How to get output XML same as input XML?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:58:20 +0200
Judging from what you wrote, nobody in this group could really help you,
unless you first spent the time to read a good book on XSLT.

Reading Jeni's "Beginning XSLT" and Mike's "XSLT Programmer's Reference"
will save a lot of time and confusion.

Then probably you'd have solved your current problem and would be able to
formulate problems that are meaningful in the context of XSLT.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

"Josh Hone" <icsad@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi all -
>
> First, let me thank you all for the helpful advice.  Other mailing boards
> have been on are usually much less helpful (see Jetspeed....).  Second,
let
> me explain my app a little better, and tell you about a problem I had with
> xsl:copy (i did not try xsl:copy-of).  In the XML I am dealing with, I
> always have two child elements of the root element which I parse with two
> different stylesheets.  Since the stylesheets cannot be loaded
dynamically,
> I do the separate parsing in my Xalan code.  The stylesheets are
identified
> by an attribute on each child element of the root node.  Once the
> stylesheets parse the input XML, the result gets streamed into the same
> file, one child element of the root node on top of the other.  So, if I am
> going to create a valid XML document from this, I need to open an element
in
> one template but close it in another template describing the other child
> element.
>
> xsl:copy would not put the namespace definition for one of my attributes.
> Specifically, one of the child elements of the root node of the original
XML
> document would have attributes from another namespace than the one that
the
> element is defined under.  xsl:copy does not provide a definition of the
> namespace of the attributes which belong to other namespaces.
Specifically,

http://hnpux3.physics.fsu.edu/~hone/hnpuxpadmin_2003-07-12_10-17-11.959.xml