RE: [xsl] spaces between all characters in JDom output

Subject: RE: [xsl] spaces between all characters in JDom output
From: "Kienle, Steven C [IT/0200]" <steven.c.kienle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:07:47 -0500

In the past this was often caused by viewing Unicode character strings as if
they are ASCII.  Unicode strings use two bytes for each character while
ASCII uses only one.  Most Latin characters in Unicode have their first byte
as 0x00, so the stream for "Hi!" would look like:

	FFFE480069002100

(My byte order may be wrong!) The first two bytes identify the stream as
Unicode.

Anyway, if you look at this as single byte characters, you'll see a space,
or really a non-printable character value, in-between each printable
characters.

	Steve