[xsl] Newbie Namespace Problem in Meta-XSL

Subject: [xsl] Newbie Namespace Problem in Meta-XSL
From: Adrian Grigore <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:59:58 +0200
Hi,

I'm doing some xsl metaprogramming and need to use xsl in order to output an xsl-stylesheet with the msxml-namespace. In other words, I am trying to output something like this with xsl:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0" xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt">

The problem is that I don't know how to output the xmlns:msxsl attribute. I've tried this:

<xsl:element name="xsl:stylesheet">
<xsl:attribute name="xmlns:msxsl" >urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="version">1.0</xsl:attribute>

but it fails with the error message "The value of the 'name' attribute may not be 'xmlns:msxsl'". As the : is the culprit, I tried replacing it with &#58;, but that did not work either. I tried messing with namespaces in the meta-stylesheet, but without any success so far. I'm sure the solution is very simple, but I just don't get it... Please help! :-)

Thanks,

Adrian Grigore

--
Adrian Grigore