Re: [xsl] Adding another layer of global styling

Subject: Re: [xsl] Adding another layer of global styling
From: Charles Muller <acmuller@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:51:20 +0900 (JST)
Wendell Piez wrote:

> This is fun.
>
> Discriminate two templates that you will use to handle your titles. One
> will handle their basic output based on their @level or @rend (what you
> already have); the other will provide the extra span wrapper around the
> Sanskrit ones.
>
> To do this we first have to determine which will be the "outer" template.
> In your case, I think it's the one that will fire based on the setting of
> @lang. Your <span style="font-family: 'Titus'"> will wrap the spans and
> such you're already generating.
>
> To achieve this we put it in a named template:

[etc...]

It worked like a charm on the first shot.

I am using this for (among other things) the purpose of a sample
bibliography application that I am making for my colleagues in Buddhist
Studies using the TEI <biblStruct> element and its children for the
purpose of interchange of structured bibliographies. I am putting a
sample XML bibliography file, along with DTD and XSLT files in a
downloadable zip file for them to try, along with a small explanation.

As soon as I reset this file with these changes, I'll send the URL to
the list for anyone who is interested. It's something way below the
level of the people on this list, but might be useful for instructional
purposes.

Regards,

Chuck