Re: Subject: Re: [xsl] LDAP dynamic sort order

Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [xsl] LDAP dynamic sort order
From: Neil Smith <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:15:45 +0100
If it's LDAP 3 (rather than say, ILS) it might : See http://community.roxen.com/developers/idocs/rfc/rfc2891.html for more details on this facility.

Cheers - Neil

At 11:44 31/07/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:38:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Nathan Shaw <n8_shaw@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [xsl] dynamic sort order

Thanks J. Unfortunately, the LDAP server does not
sort. I wish it did! Would make life easier.

I get what you are doing in your XSLT, however, I do
not want to limit the sort order fields to only two.
If the end user developer (this is a web service)
wants to sort by name, employer, code and phone, I
want to allow it. This is why I was trying to use a
named template to loop over those elements.

Here are some more details for you. I appreciate your

======================================================== CaptionKit http://www.captionkit.com : Production tools for accessible subtitled internet media, transcripts and searchable video. Supports Real Player, Quicktime and Windows Media Player.

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.