Re: [xsl] CSS

Subject: Re: [xsl] CSS
From: Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:35:01 +0300 (EEST)
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, David Carlisle wrote:

> > ... only to discover the CSS code missing, due to it being a comment in the
> >XSLT stylesheet. The solution:

> >     <xsl:comment>
> >    p.element-syntax { border: solid thin }code { font-family: monospace }
> ></xsl:comment>
>

> surely a better solution is

>     p.element-syntax { border: solid thin }code { font-family: monospace }
>
> Are there really any HTML browsers being used that will render the
> content of a <style> element? (This was presumably the excuse for
> putting things in a comment)

Not that I know of.

Cheers,
jarkko

> Certainly for XHTML you'll need to not put things in a comment otherwise
> they will be treated as, er, comments and not affect the styling of the
> document.
>
> David

Jarkko Moilanen          "The box said that is needs
Researcher                Windows 95 or better... So I
jm60697@xxxxxx            installed Linux."
www.uta.fi/~jm60697
GSM: +358 50 3766 927
* ITCM | Information Technology and Crisis Management
* http://www.itcm.org