Re: [xsl] Using a StreamResult as a StreamSource

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using a StreamResult as a StreamSource
From: "Ritu Kama" <rkama@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:08:38 -0500
You can use SAXTransformerFactory to chain a series of Transformations by
piping the SAX events from one transformer to next one

example

if (tFactory.getFeature(SAXSource.FEATURE) &&
tFactory.getFeature(SAXResult.FEATURE))
{
   // Cast the TransformerFactory to SAXTransformerFactory.
   SAXTransformerFactory saxTFactory = ((SAXTransformerFactory) tFactory);
   // Create a TransformerHandler for each stylesheet.
   TransformerHandler tHandler1 = saxTFactory.newTransformerHandler(new
StreamSource("foo1.xsl"));
   TransformerHandler tHandler2 = saxTFactory.newTransformerHandler(new
StreamSource("foo2.xsl"));
   TransformerHandler tHandler3 = saxTFactory.newTransformerHandler(new
StreamSource("foo3.xsl"));

   // Create an XMLReader.
   XMLReader reader = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader();
   reader.setContentHandler(tHandler1);
   reader.setProperty("http://xml.org/sax/properties/lexical-handler";,
tHandler1);

   tHandler1.setResult(new SAXResult(tHandler2));
   tHandler2.setResult(new SAXResult(tHandler3));

      // transformer3 outputs SAX events to the serializer.
   Serializer serializer =
SerializerFactory.getSerializer(OutputProperties.getDefaultMethodProperties(
"xml"));
      serializer.setOutputStream(System.out);
      tHandler3.setResult(new SAXResult(serializer.asContentHandler()));

     // Parse the XML input document. The input ContentHandler and output
ContentHandler
      // work in separate threads to optimize performance.
      reader.parse("foo.xml");
}