Re: [xsl] passing variable through to document() call.

Subject: Re: [xsl] passing variable through to document() call.
From: Eric Smith <es@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:47:34 +0200
Thanks Ken!

G. Ken Holman said:

>   <xsl:template match="lookup">
>     <xsl:variable name="about" select="@about"/>
>     <xsl:apply-templates
>      select="document('/home/eric/lookup.xml')/doc/topic[@about=$about]">
>       <xsl:with-param name="webSignal" select="../render2web"/>
>     </xsl:apply-templates/>
>   </xsl:template>

Nice way to set the var - I will steal that for future use - thanks.
Also split up the apple-template - YES - I should have though of that
so now I have this:
<xsl:apply-templates select="document('/home/eric/lookup.xml')/doc/topic[@about=$about]">
<xsl:with-param name="render2web" select="yes"/>
</xsl:apply-templates>

>   <xsl:template match="topic">
>     <xsl:param name="webSignal"/>
>     <xsl:if test="$webSignal">
>       <!--do something here-->

Oh, declare your parameter again at this level - I would not have
thought of that.

So in the rendering template:
<xsl:template match="ivory">
  <xsl:param name="render2web"/>
 <xsl:if test="$render2web">
   <xsl:attribute name="font-size">44pt</xsl:attribute>

Only if I explicitly use select to give the $render2web a value
in the xsl:param, does the xsl:if trigger.
So the with-param don't seem to be passing the value through.

What could I be missing?

--
Eric Smith