[xsl] Re: Re: EXSL's dyn:evaluate() and XALAN vs. xsl:use-attribute-sets

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: EXSL's dyn:evaluate() and XALAN vs. xsl:use-attribute-sets
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:59:46 +0200
> >A simple example: Why not include an top-level element belonging to a
> > non-xsl
> >namespace and having the necessary attributes. Then you can just copy
them.

> I thought about that but I don't think that this is an solution. Right! I
> could dynamically
> decide depending on a parameter to do something - in case of copy: copy
some
> xml to the
> current position. But this won't fix my problem as I'm working with fo and
> need exactly
> the behaviour of the use-attribute-sets parameter which creates attributes
> from a XML-fragment.
>
> Now I thought about using call-template but it has the same limitation:
The
> name must be
> qname :-/

Then you'll gradually find that the same effect can be achieved with
xsl:apply-templates

For details see:

http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/articles/FuncProg/Functional%20Programming.html

I really doubt that in this concrete case you really need so much power, as
I have not seen your source xml document and do not know what the
transformation must do.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.