[xsl] URL rewriting with session id

Subject: [xsl] URL rewriting with session id
From: "Shane Porter" <Shane.Porter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:56:20 +0100
Hello,

If this type of question has already been answered, then I have not been able to find any help in the suggested channels.  So I apologise if you have seen all this before:

I have an ASP based web site that utilises XML and XSL.  I am now trying to implement a session tracking system (for a shopping basket) without using cookies by rewriting URLs to include a session ID that will track the user as they move around the site.

The problem is that my source XML document is very small, containing only the shopper's items.  The vast majority of the site is generated using parameters that are passed into XSL files that are run on this XML.  The XSL then uses these parameters to generate conditional output.

The XSL also pulls in a number of XML files that sit on the server's hard disk using the document(...) function.   These files are XHTML valid fragments that are output directly using:

<xsl:copy-of select="document( '../xml_inc/documentname.xml')/include/*"/>

The problem is that these documents have hyperlinks embedded in them, but these of course do not have the session ID.  How to do extend the xsl statement above to put in the session ID?

Thanks in advance,
Shane.