RE: [xsl] HTML and Javascript problem (newbie)

Subject: RE: [xsl] HTML and Javascript problem (newbie)
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:32:37 +0100
> Now..the mouseover tool works fine in the when applied to HTML
elements
> but
> not elements in the XSL. For some reason the HTML generated by XSL
doesn't
> recognise this javascript, even though they are part of the same file.
> When viewing the final source code you *cannot* see the transformed
HTML
> inside the DIV which I believe is because of the innerHTML thing going
on
> (albeit my minimal understanding of Javascript). I guess that would
> roughly
> explain why the javascript won't work but shouldn't the javascript
still
> be
> accessible by the XSL anyway????

You have a html + javascript problem.  The best approach is to write the
html (and javascript) by hand and make sure it all works first, without
even touching xml + xslt.

Once you are sure your 'result' page is working, you can set about
generating it with xslt.

Keep a copy of your working html, and compare what you generate with
xslt to your working page.  Once they match you know your output is
correct - if they don't match then you have an xslt problem and you
could get help here.

cheers
andrew