Re: [xsl] Where is the DTD for XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Where is the DTD for XSL
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:47:50 +0100
> When we write an xsl, we get some error if the XSL is not proper. How the
> validation actually happens?

There is no DTD validation (normally). It is not possible in general to
validate an xslt stylesheet as it can contain any element in any
position under xsl:template.

there are two classes of error you can get

1) the stylesheet is parsed as XML this can lead to well formedness
errors from an XMl parser (eg <xsl:template closed by </xsl;stylesheet)

2)If that is OK file is parsed by the XSLT system and this can lead to
xslt )and xpath) syntax errors, but this is a language-specific syntax
check, like parsing C or fortran, it isn't validating the file using any
generic XML dtd or schema language.

David