RE: [xsl] Landscape print control

Subject: RE: [xsl] Landscape print control
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:26:54 +0100
> Your application interface can make available a print-preview widget
> separate
> from the client's print button.  We do this.  The widget fires a
different
> transformation to build FO and process with FOP from the Jakarta
projects.
> Returning PDF, the client opens Acrobat Reader to view and presents
its
> own
> print controls which do honor page format instructions in the PDF.
You
> have
> much more control of your print layout using this method, as opposed
> allowing
> the client browser render HTML to a page.

Hi Mike,

So do you maintain two completely separate stylesheets, one for html and
one for pdf?  I'm about to do something similar and I can see issues
where one has been updated without the other.  Is it simply the case
when a change is required you have to make the change twice?

It's almost as if we could do with another 'generic presentation' layer
that gets transformed into the various presentation languages...