Re: [xsl] formatting xml output: inserting newlines between generated attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] formatting xml output: inserting newlines between generated attributes
From: "Abie Hamaoui" <ahama5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:12:47 +0000
Wendell,

Is there a lot of overhead in invoking the transform process multiple times? say I wanted to do it 10, >>20 or 60 times?

Not if you do it right. On the ground, of course, the answer depends on how you're running the >transforms to begin with.

1) what do you mean by 'if you do it right'? are there any guidelines related to this?
2) running transformations in multiple stages is obviously doable, and for me its almost necessary. but I'm wondering, what scale of stage-multiplicity is reasonable w/ xsl? - ie 5 transforms, 20, 60, 1000?

(incidentally, I hope I'm reading my situation right as almost necessitating multiplicity. my problem is that I want to construct a tree and be able to use the collection devices of xpath on it, eg child::, count(), etc.. my understanding is that this feature is not in xsl 1.0 but it will be in 2.0 - is this right?)

abie