Re: [xsl] formatting xml output: inserting newlines between generated attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] formatting xml output: inserting newlines between generated attributes
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:21:53 +0100

> I have been reluctant to use extension functions b/c I didn't want to base
> my design on things that are vendor dependant and that could possibly not be
> there even for the same vendor in the next release.
> do you think this need not be a concern

In general I share that concern but not in the case of the node-set extension.
Almost every xslt system has it, so at most it is just a matter of
switching namespace declarations to the other systems extension
namespace (mozilla's transformiix xslt system unfortunately is an
exception, it doesn't have this extension unless it's changed recently)
Also It's been clear for some time that any future version of xslt
would build in the node-set functionality (by not requiring you to use a
function at all, and just allowing templates to be applied to the
variable directly) so using node-set doesn't really tie you in very
much.

David