RE: [xsl] Do something if no items in for-each meet criteria

Subject: RE: [xsl] Do something if no items in for-each meet criteria
From: "Xia Li" <xli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:57:09 -0700
Hi,
   Here is a possible solution, create a variabe to record the result of
"for-each" statement and test the length of the variable. It might not be
the perfect one. but it can get the desired result.

<xsl:transform xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'
version='1.0'
xmlns:lang='en'

	<xsl:template match="/">
		<xsl:variable name="noFurry">
			<xsl:for-each select="//animal">
				<xsl:if test="furry = 'true'">
     					<xsl:value-of select="type"/><br/>
   				</xsl:if>
   			</xsl:for-each>
		</xsl:variable>

		<xsl:if test="string-length($noFurry) = 0">
			<xsl:message>None are furry</xsl:message>
		</xsl:if>
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:transform>

Lisa