RE: [xsl] Noob: Wrap cell content and some validation??

Subject: RE: [xsl] Noob: Wrap cell content and some validation??
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:35:59 -0400
> 1 how do i "wrap" header-cell content
Please show us a sample of your input and what that sample should look like after the transformation. We can understand that. Your question is not specific enough to give a useful answer.

> 2 how do i create some validation, like if xml-node = "null"
> show nothing and xml-node !="null show the value

Please explain what you mean my "null". There is no template that matches a non-existent node, therefor, if by "null" you mean a node that doesn't exist, then no "validation" of the sort you describe is necessary or possible. If by "null" you mean an empty node such as "<some-node />", then the node will have no value. The matching template will not output non-existent content. If by "null", you mean an element with only white-space nodes as its value, there are ways of dealing with that which involve special white-space handling features of XSLT.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email

2 how do i create some validation, like if xml-node = "null" show nothing and xml-node !="null show the value

Thanks for reading

config: xml->xsl-fo->fop->pdf

bye