Re: [xsl] <with-param> with non-text node

Subject: Re: [xsl] <with-param> with non-text node
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukulw3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:56:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Prashant,
I would do it as below --
Convert the tree fragment to a node set first, using
the vendor:nodeset extension function.

<xsl:variable name="treefrag">

then doing -- e.g. xalan:nodeset($treefrag)

2) Then pass the nodeset to the called template..
<xsl:call-template name="XXXX">
  <xsl:with-param name="YYYY"

This way I can process the tree fragment e.g. --
in called template using XPath..

--- Prashant Thakare <thakare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I call some template as :
> <xsl:call-template name="XXXX">
> 	<xsl:with-param name="YYYY">
> 		<Parent>
> 			child1
> 			child2
> 		</Parent>
> 	</xsl:with-param>
> </xsl:call-template>
> instead of the text value for the parameter (I
> believe it is legal), how
> do I process parameter YYYY in the template "XXXX"?
> I am interested in retaining such non-next (node)
> parameters, so would
> be more interested in ways of processing them rather
> than ways of
> specifying alternatively.
> I believe this could also be helpful in getting some
> "variable argument
> list" power in xsl, can we achieve this currently
> using plain xsl?
> Prashant
>  XSL-List info and archive:

Do you Yahoo!?