RE: [xsl] Count() nodes ??

Subject: RE: [xsl] Count() nodes ??
From: Dipesh Khakhkhar <dkhakhkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:00:28 -0400
Hi,

Thanks to all for replying for this question.

Yeah Mike you are absolutely right, the context node was in a different
document. Actually I am reading two xml files and few node names in that are
same and I was goofing there.

I didn't got your point fo this "Incidentally, using //Root rather than /Root
to access the document element is appallingly inefficient."

I am reading some doucment in the variable like this.
<xsl:variable name="IntermediateXmlFile" select="someXmlFile.xml"/>

Then i am accessing count of some nodes like this.

<xsl:variable name="nodeCount"
select="count($IntermediateXmlFile/Root/FixedNodes/Node/Subnode)"

Will this be inefficient ?? If you please tell me it will be very helpful to
me as I will be doing this many times as my input file is of GBs.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Dipesh