[xsl] to generate a HOT-LINK in the HTML and FO outputs for all text that matches http://... URL syntax

Subject: [xsl] to generate a HOT-LINK in the HTML and FO outputs for all text that matches http://... URL syntax
From: "SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)" <abhishek.sanwal@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 02:41:30 -0500
Can anyone suggest a small stylesheet/piece of code that generates a hot
link for any and every piece of content being transformed by the XSL
into HTML as well as FO?

I do know what tags are to be created.

The issue is I DO NOT KNOW where in the content for the entire 50 page
document these http:// will occur.

They can be immersed anywhere in the content in any node, at any level,
in any ELEMENT of the tree. (not in attributes).

At the moment the output into HTML is as plain text http://...

How can I write a stylesheet that ca EASILY plug-in to the current
stylesheets and find and process those parts of the content from a plain
vanilla http://xxxxxxx to <a href = "http://xxxxx>http://xxxxx</a>

That kind of processing template/function/expression ??

Ideas?

Abhishek Sanwal
HP - Houston Campus
abhishek.sanwal@xxxxxx