Re: [xsl] My XSLT project is getting larger, maybe too large

Subject: Re: [xsl] My XSLT project is getting larger, maybe too large
From: "Kurt Cagle" <kurt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:54:02 -0700
John,

In general, I find with XSLT that you reach a certain point where it is
easier to create generalized XHTML templates with alternate namespace tags
that can then be expanded from within XSLT. This way, the XSLT can be used
to create generalized tables, layouts, navigational elements, forms, etc.,
and the XHTML can be custom mapped to fit (this strategy works especially
well with CSS in the mix too). This actually cuts down on the amount of
"custom" XSLT that you need to write, you can consolidate a lot of this code
in libraries, and anything that you don't already have done you can build as
needed for future code reuse.

-- Kurt