Re: [xsl] element selection based on attribute value not working - xsl, fop, pdf

Subject: Re: [xsl] element selection based on attribute value not working - xsl, fop, pdf
From: vinod.agarwal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:32:41 +0200
Hi Mukul,
      thanks for all your help. I was so much frustrated with the
non-working of such a simple syntax of XPath.
But, I finally managed to find the reason of it. You won't belive, but this
is true. The reason is the attribute was in
UPPER-CASE, i.e. PURPOSE='PHONE' doesn't work in the WebSphere Application
Server deployed XSLT
and FOP code. The moment I made it "purpose = 'phone'" it started working
with my original approach.

This is really some ridiculous internal bug of either the JDK in VAJ/ WAS
or java implementation of Xalan or
FOP or SAX implementation of Xalan java processor.

We should report this bug to Apache I think.

Anyway, thanks for all the help. Good to see such prompt replies.

Regards,
Vinod Agarwal.

Mukul Gandhi <mukulw3@xxxxxxxxx>@lists.mulberrytech.com on 09/18/2003
07:19:05 PM