Re: [xsl] The best option?

Subject: Re: [xsl] The best option?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:21:44 +0100
> Hello, I'm a beginner XSLT programmer and I'm wondering what's the best
> option to make XSLT work in almost navigators(IE, Netscape, Opera,...)

XSLT is built in to mozilla, netscape and IE so you don't need to do
anything special for those. XSLT just works.
It is not bult in (and as far as i know can not be added) to Opera.

An alternative is to transform your files on your machine, either as a
command line process or part of the server, and then serve the generated
html files. then the end users' browser does not ever see the xml and
does not need to know anything about xslt. so this will work with any
browser. In practice this is the most common usage, although it does
mean that you are missing out on the original motivation for the
development of XML, to be able to serve documents over the web, and have
them be displayed by the client.

David