Re: [xsl] xsl:value-of select : how to make some tags printed and others not

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:value-of select : how to make some tags printed and others not
From: Mukul Gandhi <mukulgw3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 08:10:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Judith,
  Taking hint from David Carlisle's answer, I have
written this XSL --

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>

   <xsl:template match="/">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="//text" />
   </xsl:template>

   <xsl:template match="//text">
     <xsl:copy>
       <xsl:apply-templates select="node()" />
     </xsl:copy>
   </xsl:template>

   <xsl:template match="sw">
     <xsl:value-of select="." />
   </xsl:template>

   <xsl:template match="sub">
     <sub>
       <xsl:value-of select="." />
     </sub>
   </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

You may want to avoid the XPATH expression //text. I
have used it to illustrate the concept.

David, please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Mukul