[xsl] Re: using node-set() extension function across vendors

Subject: [xsl] Re: using node-set() extension function across vendors
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:00:39 +0200
> I have a stylesheet that I want to be able to run using saxon
> (ver.6.5/xsl-ver.1.1) and msxsl (ver.3/xsl-ver.1.0).  I want to be able to
> create variables to use as regular trees.
>
> both vendors have a node-set() extension function, but the problem is that
> they use dif't namespaces:
> msxsl:node-set() and saxon:node-set().

In case you decide to use MSXML4, you could just use EXSLT -- the
exslt:node-set() function is implemented both in Saxon and (there is an
implementation for) MSXML4.

So, in this case you'll use a single namespace and will not need to resort
to tricky, convoluted code.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.