[xsl] Problems doing XSL Transformation using ASP

Subject: [xsl] Problems doing XSL Transformation using ASP
From: "Rangarajan Calyanakoti" <crranga@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:41:39 -0400
Folks,

I have a very simple XML, XSL file and a very simple ASP file to perform the XSL Transformation on the XML file using the XSL file and providing it to any client browswer. I get the following error.

NOTE: If I open the xml file (that is just from the client side) it works just fine!

What am I missing???

ERROR
---------

msxml3.dll error '80004005'

The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document.

/test/vqtreport.asp, line 9

ASP FILE - dummy.asp ------------ <%@ language=javascript %> <% var xslt = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XSLTemplate"); var xslDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument"); var xslProc; xslDoc.async = false; xslDoc.resolveExternals = false; xslDoc.load("dummy.xsl"); xslt.stylesheet = xslDoc; var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); xmlDoc.async = false; xmlDoc.resolveExternals = false; xmlDoc.load("dummy.xml"); xslProc = xslt.createProcessor(); xslProc.input = xmlDoc; xslProc.transform(); Response.Write(xslProc.output) %>

XML FILE - dummy.xml ------------ <?xml version="1.0"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="dummy.xsl"?>

<DUMMY>
</DUMMY>

XSL FILE - dummy.xsl
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:output method="html" indent="yes"/>

  <xsl:template match="/">
        <h1>Yahoooooooo</h1>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>