RE: [xsl] Re: Re: Re: XSLT 2.0: On xsl:sequence and xsl:copy-of

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Re: Re: XSLT 2.0: On xsl:sequence and xsl:copy-of
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:38:20 +0100
> Probably someone with proven success with the WG could post this.
>
> I am definitely not the right person -- sometimes ago I wrote
> a comment that
> distinct-nodes() is of little use because the order in which
> the distinct nodes are returned is implementation dependent.
>
> The result of this all was that "In the end the WGs decided
> to remove the function" ...

In my book, anyone who posts a comment saying that a function is of
little use, with the result that the function is removed from the
library, has been highly successful!

(What happened on this in fact was that you triggered a debate about use
cases for the function, no one could come up with a requirement that
wasn't met by writing $seq/. , and so the function got removed.)

Michael Kay