Re: [xsl] Entity reference problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Entity reference problem
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:43:29 +0200
David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I would have thought &#x2D; would be available in most fonts,

Me too.

less sure why - is not being used, unless you're right and its not
being declared correctly?

The standard process is to run the XSLT standalone (instead of processing straight into PDF), examine the result and check whether the &hyphen; indeed is replaced with a U+002D. If so, it's indeed most likely a font issue, otherwise, something else screwed up, and I'd check with an identity transformation whether it's the XSLT or the parser (or the DTD).

If it's a font issue, edit the XSLT result so that the &hyphen;
is surrounded by an <fo:wrapper font-family="Arial"> or some
other default PDF font which is known to have a glyph for the
dash. The next step would be processor specific.

J.Pietschmann