Re: [xsl] transforming multiple xml sources into a single stream

Subject: Re: [xsl] transforming multiple xml sources into a single stream
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:02:17 +0200
Pramodh Peddi wrote:
I am using Java1.4.1's API for Transformation. I have 2 different xml
streams (not files on disk) in memory and have to use transformation to
merge them into a single xml stream. Is this possible?

Yes.

I know there is way to merge 2 xml files into a single if the files are on
the disk, but I am wondering if we can do this when streams are in memory.

Less innovative methods include building two DOMs and merge them
(memory intensive), merge via a SAX filter or merging the streams
directly, perhaps using a custom FilterStream subclass (may be
brittle).

J.Pietschmann